Leadership Lexington County Class Helps Samaritan’s Well
Transitional shelter helps homeless women and children stabilize lives
The Leadership Lexington County Class of 2015 is helping Samaritan’s Well, a local transitional shelter for homeless women and young children, as its class service project. Domestic violence is a leading cause of homelessness, and South Carolina has the unfortunate distinction of having a high incidence of domestic violence cases.
We are working to help make much-needed repairs to the shelter facility and secure online resources that will help the women improve their opportunities for employment. Won’t you please help us with a tax-deductible donation to Leadership Lexington County to support this effort?
- $10 pays for an online lesson on Interview Skills
- $25 pays for clothes rods and shelving for closets
- $50 pays for gutter components to alleviate leaks
- $100 pays for 3 gallons of deck seal
- $1000 pays toward installation of new roof
Thank you for your generosity and support as we work to help these families get back on their feet and to a better life.